Did you know that one can of soda contains about 10 teaspoons of sugar? All that sugar increases your child's risk of cavities and obesity. Make a healthy choice by offering water and milk to your child instead of sugary beverages like soda, fruit juices, and sports drinks.
Water and milk are the best drinks for thirsty kids.
Make them a favorite with these fun, creative twists:
- Add lemon wedges, cucumbers, or orange slices to a pitcher of cool water for some flavor and a splash of color.
- Place small fruits like raspberries or blueberries, in an ice cube tray. Fill up the tray with water and you'll have some colorful-looking ice cubes!
- Serve water and milk in a brightly colored cup or one that has a straw attached for some sipping fun.
- Shake things up with a milkshake using low-fat milk, ice, and your favorite berries.
- Agua Fresca, a popular Mexican fruit drink, by blending water and fresh fruit with a little lemon or lime juice.
- Read Potter the Otter and show your kids how healthy drinking can be fun!