First 5 California's Early Education Effectiveness Exchange (E4) Learning Academy
Academy Director - Dr. Ida Rose Florez, (415) 289-2340, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contract Monitor - Lisa Duerr, (916) 263-1304, email@example.com
The E4 serves as the primary statewide resource designed to facilitate quality improvement in early learning centers and classrooms participating in any of the three Child Signature Program (CSP) RFA opportunities beginning July 1, 2013, through June 30, 2015. First 5 California has selected West Ed Center for Child and Family Studies to implement the E4.
The task of the E4 is to provide intensive quality enhancement training and technical assistance to CSP participants, including Program Coordinators (PCs), Early Learning System Specialists (ELSSs), Essential Staff (ES), and other center and classroom staff to support full implementation of the requirements of the three RFAs by means of:
- The development of Improvement Plans (IPs) based on Readiness Assessments using a web-based application that tracks and monitors progress (CSP 2), and technical assistance and support to CSP 1 and CSP 2 participants for implementation of their IPs.
- The creation, maintenance, and operation of an interactive E4 Website, which includes a Resource Center/Document Library (meeting call recordings, PowerPoint presentations, training manuals/handouts, etc.), a Calendar of Events, CSP User Community sections and CSP Partner Information, and Other Resources (research and organizational links, etc.).
- Annual CSP statewide meetings for selected CSP participants.
- Quarterly regional meetings for selected CSP participants. The content may include training and/or networking and policy discussions. The meetings may be in-person, by phone, or other appropriate means.
- Facilitation of mentor relationships between RFA # 1 and RFA # 3 counties.